BLEPP Effect: How I Became A Registered Psychometrician

September 06, 2016


Image Credits: pixabay.com

Becoming a Registered Psychometrician - an achievement that was unlocked in my list of goals for 2016.

While most people ushered the New Year 2016 with a multitude of resolutions, I kicked it off with a list of goals. At that very moment, I was not sure whether I will be able to complete everything in time. All I know is that I was motivated and hopeful about the future. My list included small goals such as "learning how to ride a jeepney" and bigger goals such as "investing a portion of my money to mutual funds". One of the career milestones that I included is to become a Psychometrician.

I never knew that I will become one! For starters, I graduated overseas under a United Kingdom degree. This means that I had to endure stricter guidelines when it comes to my requirements. It took me a total of 5 months to complete all my requirements and to wait for the authority's approval. I am not complaining. This length of time was understandable due to my unique circumstance. In fact, my TOR was shipped from UK in a span of 15 days.

Aside from these, I had to find a review center that is willing to accept me in a short notice. I remembered that I spoke to Mr.Tino Repaso of a renowned Psychometrician blog  before and he recommended several review centers. I am glad that I chose Magezi Training Events and Educational Services. A relatively review center, Magezi strives to give the best services to its clients. What I like most about the place was its small class size that cultivated an intimate discussion each week.
Image Credits: Reg Flores
Attending a review center was necessary for me as I graduated in 2014. I wanted to refresh my memory and fill in any gaps that I had. Juggling my job and studying in between was not an easy task. There were moments when I wanted to give up due to the overwhelming stress of the overlapping tasks. However, I propelled through by praying hard and by managing my time.

August 30 and 31 finally came and the culmination of all my hard work was about to shine thru. There was a roller-coaster of emotions deep inside me. I held onto my faith and to the people who supported me throughout my journey.

My friends and family always affirmed me that I was capable of passing and that they do not have any ounce of doubt that I will pass. I partly believed them. The examination process seemed less challenging than I thought it would be. Surely, I was glad that it was over.
Image Credits: @agoncilloanna
A few days after, the uncertainty was taking a toll on me. The tension was at its highest levels as the days were leading up to the release of the results. Then came September 6, 2016.

Out of the 7,312 people who took the examinations in the country, only 3,690 people passed.

I WAS ONE OF THEM!


It was as if a weight was taken out of my shoulders. I was relieved. I cannot quantify my euphoria right now. All my blood, sweat, and tears paid off! I feel so blessed.

Thank you for the important people in my life who helped me in every step of the way. I owe it all to you! Now, I am looking forward to making everything formal by taking an oath.


Subscribe to Miss Psychobabble now! Olike it on Facebook to receive free updates.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i'm really anxious right now!!! but first of all, congratulations for passing the board exam! i also enrolled in a review center and i'm planning to work to earn money...i'm currently slacking off and i feel so bad for slacking off >_< please pray for me and all of the takers this year! may we pass and become awesome psychometricians, just like you, in the future! p.s. is it okay to ask some tips and strategies on how you juggled reviewing while working? thank you so much in advance ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!

      Juggling two or more tasks at the same time is not easy. I have to admit! I was lucky to have a flexible working schedule at that time. Moreover, I have learned the art of "time management". To get things done, you must divide your time wisely. Do not forget to have a sufficient amount of rest in between.

      Focus on Psychological Assessment as it is carries the most weight. Also, do not be too hard on yourself. Learn to reward yourself after everything. Hold tight to your faith! Good luck! :)

      Delete

What is on your mind? I will get back to you as soon as possible! Thank you. :)

Like MP on Facebook